This masterclass will gives those in the Scottish housing sector information on how to measure and attach a value to the social impact of their work.
HACT is a leading organisation in measuring Social Value and through our partnership with Scottish Federation of Housing Associations (SFHA) we are working towards improving social value practice across Scotland. We have recently produced and launched two publications with SFHA designed to improve social value understanding, specifically in Scotland.
The Social Value Toolkit is designed to guide, inform, and demystify social value measurement and practice at all stages during their social value journey.
The Impact of Social Housing: Economic, Social, Health and Wellbeing report clearly demonstrates the crucial role which Housing Associations are playing in communities over and above the provision of high-quality homes. It is essential reading for anyone involved in social value practice.
Our social value masterclass is jointly delivered with leading social value analysts, wellbeing researchers and experts in econometrics Simetrica-Jacobs. Together HACT and Simetrica-Jacobs produced the UK Social Value Bank the largest set of methodologically consistent social values ever produced.
The masterclass will be informed by years of combined experience of using, advising, and teaching organisations to use the UK Social Value Bank and will draw on examples from Scotland and around the UK. It is designed to benefit anyone working in Scotland seeking a robust and proportionate way to understand, measure and attach a value to the social impact of their work.
About this Event
Masterclass attendees will learn to understand, measure, and communicate their social impact within the Sottish context using the latest versions of the UK Social Value Bank and associated tools and resources.
Attendees from outside of the housing sector in Scotland are more than welcome. No prior knowledge is required.
What will you learn
- The background to the theory behind social impact measurement, an introduction to valuation, and an explanation of the wellbeing valuation approach
- Getting to know the UK Social Value Bank – the most robust set of methodologically consistent social values available. We will include all the values that have been added to the Social Value Bank since its launch, including moving into employment, financial comfort, living in a good neighbourhood, rectification of problems with the physical environment, and the latest addition – the value of mental health improvements
- A full practical demonstration on how to apply these values using the latest version of the Value Calculator and the resources available in the Social Value Toolkit.
- How to communicate your results within the Scottish context, use results to inform decisions and to maximise your social impact
- Examples of how other organisations have used the Social Value Bank in Scotland to understand results, inform decision making, and improve their work.
- Better understanding of the Social Value Toolkit, Social Value Bank, and the policy context the field of social impact measurement.
- Knowledge of how social impact data can be used at your organisation to improve outcomes, decision making and influence stakeholders.
- Get ahead of the curve – the Social Value Bank is used by over 400 organisations, and this is rising as social value measurement becomes increasingly established as part of public sector processes.
Please note: This masterclass will take place on Zoom. Attendees will receive an email with information on how to join the Zoom webinar a day before the masterclass.